It’s no secret that IV therapy is becoming increasingly popular. More and more people are turning to IV hydration to boost their energy, improve the quality of their skin, and even alleviate the effects of hangovers. But what many don’t realize is that insurance coverage for IV therapy can vary greatly depending on the provider. Let’s take a look at what you need to know about insurance coverage for IV therapy so you can make sure you get the care you need.
Does Insurance Cover IV Therapy?
The answer to this question depends on your insurance company and your specific plan. It’s always best to check with your insurance provider regarding your coverage options for IV hydration therapy. Often, Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA) cards will work if you have one. Based on the insurance company, some will cover IV hydration, especially as part of their wellness program offering. That’s because the benefits of IV therapy can positively impact your mind and body in meaningful ways, including managing weight loss, staying hydrated, and combatting cold and flu symptoms.
How Does a Patient Submit Expenses to Insurance for Reimbursement?
Your insurance company will have a specific process they will want you to follow in order to submit claims for reimbursement. Often, you will find the phone number needed to initiate this process printed on your insurance card or available through their website or app if they have one available. Make sure you understand exactly what information is required from both you and Liquid Mobile IV in order for them to process your claim successfully before submitting it so there won’t be any delays in receiving reimbursement from your insurer.
Does Liquid Mobile IV Accept Health Insurance for IV Therapy?
Liquid Mobile IV does not bill insurance directly. We are able to keep pricing low and affordable by working directly with the consumer instead of through an insurer. Most FSA and HSA cards will work for services at Liquid Mobile IV, but it is always best to check with your insurance company to confirm this.
Why Don’t Some Providers Accept Insurance?
Simply put – dealing with insurance companies can be a challenge. It could take up to 90 days for your claims to be processed and possibly rejected, meaning the provider would have taken on unnecessary costs, which in turn, impacts the prices you pay. Many healthcare professionals opt out of accepting health insurances due in large part to their associated operational expenses and long filing processes. Instead, many prefer other forms of payment like credit cards, HSA/FSA debit and gift cards – providing assurance that what is due is what will be paid since no third-party mediations are required. Direct payment to your IV therapy provider insures the best value for your money and time.
How Does This Benefit Me?
Forgoing insurance when it comes to this type of treatment can actually be beneficial to the consumer in several ways. For those looking for leeway and leniency over treatments, paying out-of-pocket to bypass insurance could be ideal with the following advantages:
- No More Surprises: There are generally fewer restrictions and more freedom in terms of customizing your treatment plan when you pay out-of-pocket. Not only do you avoid being hit with hefty copayments, but you also avoid paying extra fees that come along with dealing with an insurance company.
- Spend less time on paperwork: Spending less time on paperwork and getting more value for your money – that’s the promise of going insurance-free. HSAs/FSAs, debit cards, or cash allow you to make payments quickly without any hassle.
- You get your money’s worth:Don’t worry about waiting up to 90 days for a denied claim; that cost will be taken care of. Plus, prices remain competitive thanks to no extra administrative costs associated with working with insurers. Get access to unbeatable prices with specials and sales for added value.
- Quicker service:With insurance providers, tedious paperwork and complicated regulations can significantly hamper your treatment process. And determining what is covered by companies or government plans often takes time. That’s why seeking medical care with quicker service makes a beneficial difference.
- No limits: Private-pay consumers can be sure that their treatment won’t be limited by a third-party forced limit on the amount of therapy sessions or number of years in the coverage plan. Private pay patients have the flexibility to receive their desired frequency and duration of treatments without worrying about surpassing their yearly allowance or facing any unfair restrictions.
- Affordable: Typically, cost for IV Therapy and mobile IV nurses can be kept lower, by working directly with the consumer.
Ultimately, going without insurance allows you to make well-informed decisions about your IV treatment needs without having constraints imposed by a third party such as an insurer.
Ready for IV Therapy?
Understanding how insurance works when it comes to receiving reimbursement for medical expenses like those related to IV hydration therapy can be confusing, but it doesn’t have to be. With a little research and planning ahead, you’ll be able to make sure you get all of the coverage from your insurer that you’re entitled to while also taking advantage of the best prices.
If you are looking to take your health to the next level, then Liquid Mobile IV is here for you. Our highly-trained staff provides nutrient-rich IVs that can optimize your performance, speed up recovery, and give you the direct benefits of a better You. With convenient access, often in the comfort of your own home, our skilled team is passionate about having you reach those goals quickly and with ease. Don’t wait another moment – find out how incredible Liquid Mobile IV can be for you We’re here to answer any questions you may have!