As a runner, you know that proper preparation is key to success on race day. That’s why more and more runners are turning to IV therapy to help them get ready for their next marathon. It is also why more and more individuals are turning to IV therapy to help in managing general wellness and recovery.
How IV Therapy Helps Before Your Race, Marathon or Life Event
Energy IV Therapy is designed to kickstart your metabolism and make you feel more energized by recharging your cells with key nutrients. We recommend getting this therapy 1 to 3 days before your race.
Hydration IV Therapy is a great way to ensure your body’s hydration levels are at peak performance before your race. We recommend you get this therapy within 24 hours before your race.
10 Tips to Help Prepare for a Marathon, Race & Wellness Plan
In addition to IV therapy, there are other things you can do to prepare for your next marathon.
Here are 10 tips to help you get ready:
- Start training early. The earlier you start, the more time you’ll have to build up your endurance.
- Get enough rest. Make sure you’re getting enough sleep and taking breaks during your training so your body can recover.
- Eat a balanced diet. Eating healthy will help you have the energy you need to train effectively.
- Stay hydrated. Drinking plenty of fluids will help you stay hydrated and prevent cramping during your race.
- Stretch and warm up properly. Stretching and warming up before you run will help reduce your risk of injury.
- Dress for success. Wearing the right gear can help you stay comfortable and focused during your race.
- Set a goal. Having a specific goal in mind will help you stay motivated during your training.
- Find a support group. Training with friends or joining a running club can help you stay on track.
- Get professional help. If you’re having trouble meeting your goals, consider hiring a personal trainer or coach.
- Believe in yourself. Remember that you can reach your goals if you stay positive and put in the work.
How IV Therapy Helps You Recover from a Marathon
Just as important as preparing for a marathon is recovering from one. After all your hard work, your body needs time to rest and repair. IV therapy can help speed up the recovery process by delivering nutrients and fluids directly to your cells.
Dehydration IV Therapy is designed to help replenish your body’s hydration levels fast and minimize the effects associated with dehydration. We recommend getting this therapy within 24 hours of completing a race.
Performance & Recovery IV Therapy is a fast and effective way to combat fatigue after a race. We recommend getting this therapy within 24 hours of completing a race.
The Most Popular Marathons in the USA
Now that you know how to prepare for and recover from running a marathon, here are some of the most popular races around the country. Make a goal, prepare your body and run your race!
- Boston Marathon: held every year on Patriots’ Day, the third Monday in April; first marathon in the United States and one of the world’s most prestigious road racing events; course runs from Hopkinton to Copley Square in Boston
- New York City Marathon: held every year on the first Sunday of November; course runs through all five boroughs of New York City
- Chicago Marathon: held every year on the second Sunday of October; one of the six World Marathon Majors; course runs through downtown Chicago
- San Francisco Marathon: held every year on the third Sunday of July; course starts at the Ferry Building and ends at AT&T Park
- Seattle Marathon: held every year on the fourth Sunday of November; course runs through downtown Seattle and finishes at Qwest Field
- Los Angeles Marathon: held every year on the first Sunday of March; course starts at Dodger Stadium and finishes in Santa Monica
- Philadelphia Marathon: held every year on the first Sunday of November; course runs through the streets of Philadelphia
- Twin Cities Marathon: held every year on the second Sunday of October; course runs through Minneapolis and Saint Paul, Minnesota
- Portland Marathon: held every year on the first Sunday of October; course runs through Portland, Oregon
- Garmin Kansas City Marathon: held every year on the second or third Saturday of October; runs through downtown Kansas City and nearby neighborhoods
- Longview Half Marathon: held every year on the first Saturday in November; runs around Longview Lake in Lee’s Summit, Missouri
- 3TV Phoenix Marathon: held every year on the second Saturday in November; runs through the city of Phoenix, Arizona
- Rock n’ Roll Arizona: held every year January 15-16th; courses vary throughout the Phoenix area
With the right preparation, you can make your next marathon a success. Incorporating IV therapy into your training regimen can help you maximize your performance and minimize recovery time.
Get ready for your run and book your appointment today!